Who is reading us?

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Week 16 ; Present Perfect and Past Simple

Deadline for group II on Sunday , 16th January, 12.oo pm


1. Complete the sentences with the verb in brackets in past simple or present perfect.
1. She loves Paris. She ..................... (be) there many times.
2. Bill ....................... (work) in that company for 3 years. (He still works there).
3. They ....................... (go) to London on holiday last summer.
4. I ....................... (read) that book. It´s good.
5. His parents ....................... (be) here yesterday.
6. They ....................... (go) to Germany when he ....................... (be) only 4.
7. ........... you ......... (watch) any film last night?
8. I ....................... (have) a couple of toasts for breakfast this morning.
9. He ....................... (live) in Rome since he was a teenager.
10. The house looks different. .......... you .............. (paint) it?
11. I ....................... (not see) you in class last Friday.
12. Shakespeare ....................... (write) over one hundred sonnets.

2. Say if the following sentences are right or wrong. Correct them if necessary.
1. Have you ever been to Thailand? .....................................................................................
2. I´ve had sausages for lunch at half past one. ....................................................................
3. She´s enjoyed herself at the party last night. .....................................................................
4. I´ve read that book but I didn´t like it much. .......................................................................
5. Tom has left school one year ago. .....................................................................................
6. My cousins have lived in Dublin since they´ve been children. ...........................................
7. We have worked here for a year and a half. ......................................................................
8. My parents lived in Britain for a couple of years. ...............................................................
9. James has made a cake yesterday. ..................................................................................
10. I´ve washed the car. It looks great now. ............................................................................

8 comments:

  1. ex 1.
    1.She has been there many times.
    2.Bill has work in that company for 3 years.
    3.They have went to London on holiday last summer.
    4.I has read that book.
    5.His parents have been here yesterday.
    6.They have went to Germany.
    7.Has you watched any film last night?
    8.I have had a couple of toasts for breakfast this morning.
    9.He has living in Rome since he was a teenager.
    10.Has you painted it?
    11.I didn"t see you in class last Friday.
    12.Shakespeare has written over one hundred sonnets.
    IVAN G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.1has been
    1.2has worked
    1.3went
    1.4have read
    1.5were
    1.6were,was
    1.7did you watch
    1.8had
    1.9has lived
    1.10when you have painted
    1.11didn't see
    1.12has written

    2.1correct
    2.2incorrect-I had sausages for lunch at half past one.
    2.3incorrect-She enjoyed herself at the party last night.
    2.4correct
    2.5incorrect- Tom left school one year ago.
    2.6correct
    2.7correct
    2.8incorrect-My parents have lived in Britain for a couple of years.
    2.9incorrect-James made a cake yesterday.
    2.10correct

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  3. ex 2.
    1.You ever been to Thailand?
    2.I had sausage for lunch at one and a half.
    3.She´s enjoyed herself at the party last night.
    4.I read the book, but I didn"t liked very much.
    5. Tom has left school one year ago.
    6.My cousins have lived in Dublin since they´ve been children.
    7.We have worked here for a year and a half.
    8.My parents lived in Britain for many years.
    9.James made a cake yesterday.
    10.I´ve washed the car. It looks great now.

    GEORGIANA I.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. 1. She loves Paris. She has been there many times.
    2. Bill has worked in that company for 3 years. (He still works there).
    3. They went to London on holiday last summer.
    4. I read that book. It´s good.
    5. His parents were here yesterday.
    6. They have gone to Germany when he was only 4.
    7. Did you watch any film last night?
    8. I have had a couple of toasts for breakfast this morning.
    9. He has lived in Rome since he was a teenager.
    10. The house looks different. Have you painted it?
    11. I didn't see you in class last Friday.
    12. Shakespeare has writed over one hundred sonnets.


    2. 1. Have you ever been to Thailand?-correct
    2. I´ve had sausages for lunch at half past one.-correct
    3. She´s enjoyed herself at the party last night.-inncorrect; correct-She enjoyed herself at the party last night.
    4. I´ve read that book but I didn´t like it much.-correct
    5. Tom has left school one year ago.-incorrect; correct-Tom left school one year ago.
    6. My cousins have lived in Dublin since they´ve been children.-incorrect; correct-My cousins have lived in Dublin since they were children.
    7. We have worked here for a year and a half.
    8. My parents lived in Britain for a couple of years.-incorrect; correct-My parents have lived in Britain for a couple of years.
    9. James has made a cake yesterday.-incorrect; correct-James made a cake yesterday.
    10. I´ve washed the car. It looks great now.-correct

    Stan B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.

    1. She loves Paris. She was there many times.
    2. Bill has worked in that company for 3 years.
    3. They have been to London on holiday last summer.
    4. I have read that book. It´s good.
    5. His parents were here yesterday.
    6. They have gone to Germany when he was only 4.
    7. Did you watch any film last night?
    8. I have had a couple of toasts for breakfast this morning.
    9. He has lived in Rome since he was a teenager.
    10. The house looks different.Did you paint it?
    11. I didn't see you in class last Friday.
    12. Shakespeare have writen over one hundred sonnets.

    2.

    1. Have you ever been to Thailand?
    right
    2. I´ve had sausages for lunch at half past one.
    wrong
    I have sausages for lunch at half past one.
    3. She´s enjoyed herself at the party last night.
    wrong
    She enjoyed herself at the party last night.
    4. I´ve read that book but I didn´t like it much.
    right
    5. Tom has left school one year ago.
    right
    6. My cousins have lived in Dublin since they´ve been children.
    right
    7. We have worked here for a year and a half.
    wrong
    We worked here for a year and half.
    8. My parents lived in Britain for a couple of years.
    wrong
    My parents have lived in Britain for a couple of years.
    9. James has made a cake yesterday.
    wrong
    James made a cake yesterday.
    10. I´ve washed the car. It looks great now.
    right


    Gelu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exercise 1:
    1. She loves Paris. She has been there many times.
    2. Bill has worked in that company for 3 years. (He still works there).
    3. They went to London on holiday last summer.
    4. I have read that book. It´s good.
    5. His parents were here yesterday.
    6. They went to Germany when he was only 4.
    7. Did you watch any film last night?
    8. I had a couple of toasts for breakfast this morning.
    9. He has lived in Rome since he was a teenager.
    10. The house looks different. Have you painted it?
    11. I didn´t see you in class last Friday.
    12. Shakespeare wrote over one hundred sonnets.
    Exercise 2:
    1. Right
    2. Wrong. I had sausages for lunch at half past one.
    3. Wrong. She enjoyed herself at the party last night.
    4. Right
    5. Wrong. Tom left school one year ago.
    6. Wrong. My cousins have lived in Dublin since they were children.
    7. Right.
    8. Right.
    9. Wrong. James made a cake yesterday.
    10. Right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. I ....................... ......................(have) some toast when I got up. 2. The house looks different. .......... you ........................ (paint) it? 3. I ..................................... (not see) you in class last Friday. 4. Shakespeare ............................... (write) over one hundred sonnets.

    ReplyDelete